The Way2Go App pilot launches on Wednesday 1 September.
It aims to help colleagues get to the airport in more active and sustainable ways. By taking part you will be able to earn rewards and win some fantastic prizes.
Taking part is easy!
- Download the Way2Go app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Tap “Join Now” in the app and register with your usual email address along with your age, postcode, employer code (HAL, WDF or AA) and your ID Card Number.
- Once you've entered these details, you will be asked to give permissions for the app to access your phone's GPS and fitness tracker. It is important that you grant the app access to these functions on your phone otherwise it won't track your activities properly. The data your phone shares is completely secure and no personally identifiable information will be shared with anyone, including your employer. The data is only used to see how colleagues are travelling to the airport and to improve services to make journeys to the site quicker, easier and greener for everyone.
- There will be a welcome message on your timeline in the app, along with an invitation to take a short survey about your travel habits and earn your first Way2Go points. Note that you will only be able to earn rewards once the programme has commenced on Wednesday 1 September.
- Start tracking your active and sustainable journeys using the app.
Remember to answer the Baseline survey by tapping the message in your timeline (see below) or the play button ▶️ in the upper right-hand corner and answering our short survey.
For details on what you can earn please visit the Rewards page.
If you have any questions about how to record your Wheeling activities, please visit the FAQ page here.
This pilot programme is for only for staff at HAL, World Duty Free and American Airlines who are based at Heathrow Airport. If you need any assistance using the app please visit the help section in the main menu.