BetterPoints agrees to store and process all personal information it collects from you in accordance with the latest Data Protection legislation. BetterPoints is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/) and we follow the requirements and recommendations in order to be in compliance with the current Data Protection Act 2018.
Our Privacy Promise
- To keep your data safe and private.
- Not to sell your data.
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices and email communications at any time.
- To only use your data for its intended purpose.
- To erase your data upon request.
The Information We Collect, How We Collect It, And How We Use It.
Your registration with the Service and your use of the Service creates the lawful basis for BetterPoints to process your data. The purpose for processing your data is specified during your use of the Service, which generally relates to monitoring travel behaviours and changes in those behaviours (how you choose to travel to and from work.)
We may collect different types of personal and other information based on your use of our Service.
Some examples include:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you -- including your name, address, and e-mail address;
- Service usage, viewing and other technical Information about your use of our network, services, products or websites.
We collect information in two primary ways:
- You give it to us when you register with, log in to and use our Service ;
- We collect it automatically when you use our Service
We may use the information we collect in a variety of ways, including:
- Providing you with the best user experience possible;
- Providing the services you use, and to respond to your questions;
- Communicating with you regarding service updates, offers, and promotions;
- Delivering customised content that may be of interest to you;
- Addressing network integrity and security issues;
- Investigating, preventing or taking action regarding illegal activities, violations of our Terms of Service, or Acceptable Use Policies.
We collect information about your activity on the Service for a number of purposes using different technologies available through the different platforms.
We use that information to help tailor the content you see on our Service.
BetterPoints may collect information about your device such as your IP address, operating system and browser type, for administrative purposes and to report aggregated anonymised information. This is statistical data about the browsing actions, recorded activities and patterns of users of the Service (including yourself), but it will not identify you personally and does not identify any personal details whatsoever, unless you have given explicit consent.
We may provide Personal Information to HAL or other third parties for purposes such as:
- Companies with whom we have developed an integrated solution and for which you have explicitly opted in to use and share data;
- Partners who have funded BetterPoints challenges requiring you to share Personal Information and for which you have explicitly opted in to use and share data;
- Complying with court orders and other legal processes;
- To assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft;
- Enforcing our agreements and property rights.
Anonymous & Aggregated Information
- We obtain aggregate data by combining anonymous data that meet certain criteria into groups.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous information in various formats with trusted non-BetterPoints entities, and may work with those entities to do research and provide products and services.
Safeguarding Your Information: Our Policy on Data Protection and Security
- We do not share your Personal Information with anyone for any purpose without your explicit permission.
- We maintain information about you in our business records while you are a user, or until it is no longer needed for business, research, tax, or legal purposes.
- We have implemented encryption or other appropriate security controls to protect Personal Information when stored or transmitted by BetterPoints.
- We require non-BetterPoints companies acting on our behalf to protect any Personal Information they may receive in a manner consistent with this Policy. We do not allow them to use such information for any purpose other than the original stated purpose for the data.
- The data that we collect from you shall not be transferred to or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). All information you provide to BetterPoints is stored on our secure servers.
- You are responsible for keeping confidential the password that you submit to BetterPoints on registration for the Service. BetterPoints asks you not to share a password with anyone, and that you regularly change your password and always adopt a strong password policy.
- Once BetterPoints receives your information, it will take operational and technical steps and use security procedures to safeguard and secure it and to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to/from Other Web Sites
Access To Information & Customer Service
The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access the information that BetterPoints holds about you. If you want BetterPoints to send you details that it holds about you please write to BetterPoints Ltd, attention: Data Protection Officer at Synegis House, 21 Crockhamwell Road, Woodley RG5 3LE, UK.
BetterPoints is registered in England and Wales No: 7356214. Registered address: The Courtyard, Shoreham Road, Upper Beeding, Steyning, West Sussex, BN44 3TN
Last Updated: 24/02/2020