60% of Heathrow staff drive to work alone, and 1 in 5 of us live within 5km of the airport. The Way2Go App is designed to help colleagues discover different ways to get to Heathrow and to reward you for switching to more active and sustainable modes of transport.
You can earn rewards just for downloading the app and joining the programme, plus there will be regular £50 prize draws.
It doesn't matter how you arrive - by bike, bus, train, tube or car. If you download the app you will earn rewards just for having it active in the background on your phone. The Points you earn can be spent at high street retailers or donated to charity. All data collected will be aggregated, anonymised and only used to improve travel options for you and your colleagues.
The pilot will last for four months, during which you can earn rewards for attending webinars, taking cycling skills training, and telling us about your travel habits. From Wednesday 1st September you can earn:
- 1,000 Points for registering and recording an activity
- 200 Points for every trip to Heathrow by bike, on foot or on public transport
- 2,500 Points for attending a cycling skills sessions
- 5,000 Points for being a colleague's Bike Buddy
- 500 Points each for four short surveys
Points have real monetary value and can be exchanged for vouchers to spend online or on the High Street. They can also be donated to charity. There will also a range of prizes up for grabs including:
- £50 early-bird registration prize (join by Tuesday 31st August to go into the draw)
- Monthly £25 Way2Go Hero prize (share your travel story)
- Monthly £50 Commuter prize (just track your journeys to enter, it doesn't matter how you travel)
If you're lucky in the prize draws, choose a sustainable Way2Go, answer a few short surveys and attend our webinars, you could earn up to £400's worth of points!
By taking part, you will be helping us to understand where colleagues are travelling to Heathrow from, when and how, so that we can manage travel to the site, reduce congestion and cut our surface transport emissions. Thanks for joining the pilot and we hope you enjoy using the Way2Go App!